The purpose of this tutorial is to guide new PHPseagull users through the process of building a simple module. After completing the tutorial user will be familiar with the following concepts:
- using the framework’s validate, process and display workflow model
- accessing and setting session variables
- basic error handling
- dynamic text translation
- identifying session type: public or member/admin
- data access and working with DB_DataObject
- using html transform methods from the Output object
- using the Emailer class which is a simple wrapper for PEAR::Mail
- modifying the tabbed navigation by creating a new tab
- using framework variables
- working with the basic OOP input/output model
In this tutorial we will be creating a Contact Us module, the end result will a downloadable sets of scripts you can plug into your current PHPseagull installation and use.
You will need the latest version of PHPseagull which at the time of writing is 0.2.0.p1 and can be downloaded here.