PHPkitchen’s a bit quiet these days but the Seagull changelog is long 😉 Notable improvements include:
- latest Flexy integrated which means no more PHP short tags, no need to use update.php script, and you can raise your error_reporting to E_ALL
- simple IP blocker incorporated for banning IPs you blacklist (thanks to Thomas Moulard)
- cacheing introduced with PEAR’s Cache_Lite which dramatically speeds up some pages, like articles.php (thanks to Andy Crain)
- french translations done for all the modules (thanks to Thomas Moulard)
- BC workarounds added for earlier PHP versions, works fine on my 4.2.2 and may work on 4.1.x
Download the latest here. And join up with our new SourceForge mailing list. The account only came through a couple of days ago but soon you will be able to use all the usual SF tools: bug tracker, CVS, task mgr, downloads.
Please read the changelog for details on how to work with the latest Flexy, and for a few outstanding issues.