Via Web Standards Project BUZZ, here’s a great list of reasons to make the effort to have your projects adopt web standards. I started a new project recently and was asked, “Why use divs/css instead of tables?” so here is a proper explanation for those still wondering:
- The Web Standards
- What are Web Standards about?
- A mindset change
- Semantically correct markup
- What is valid code?
- What is accessible code?
- Why use CSS to separate content from presentation?
- A CSS based site in action
- How do your VISITORS benefit from Web Standards?
- How do your CLIENTS benefit from Web Standards?
- How do YOU benefit from Web Standards?
- What are the downsides
- How do you achieve Web Standards?
- Web Standards resources
(Please don’t take this site as an example, as soon as I can get a few more modules finished I will be moving over to the Seagull framework).