WebPanels 2.0 is a PHP5 code-behind approach similar to ASP.NET. Check out the
Getting Started page for a quick example of
how it works. It is based off
the code of WebPanels 1.x, but completely rewritten from scratch for the PHP5
object model. Its presentation layer is almost entirely interchangeable with
ASP.NET (some controls aren’t yet implemented), but also offers several advantages
over the ASP.NET approach to creating websites.
- Template engine based on HTML, almost-compatible with ASP.NET.
- Module (site) Wide Templates
- Re-usable, re-distributable, template based User-defined controls.
- Implicit MVC Base Provides for Modular Architecture.
- Code or Template Based Validators
There is still work to be done, but things are progressing steadily. If you would like to help, please Email me.