The book takes you through the process of designing and building content-rich web sites and applications using eZ publish. Famed for its power and flexibility, eZ publish can be daunting on first approach. Moreover, it has advanced features that reward the investment in learning.
This book exists to ease experienced PHP developers into thinking and developing the eZ publish way. With hard-won experience of the practical difficulties faced by developers working with eZ publish, and technical approval from eZ systems (creators of eZ publish) this book is a distillation of the authors’ expertise, and the perfect way to master the system
With this book you will conquer eZ publish, and learn the skills to become an accomplished eZ publish developer.
At the end of this book, you will:
- Understand how eZ publish handles, versions, and publishes content to the Web
- Be confident working in the eZ publish administration area
- Know the secrets of the eZ publish templating system to design your own pages
- Have the skills to create new eZ publish extensions
- See how real world eZ publish sites have been designed and implemented
The book covers:
- Installing eZ publish
- The basic concepts of eZ publish
- The structure of an eZ publish site
- Content management with eZ publish
- Controlling your page output with eZ publish templates
- The eZ publish core libraries
- Creating eZ publish extensions
- Creating new modules and datatypes
- Working with RSS import and export
- Deploying an eZ publish site
- Case studies of real eZ publish sites
- Optimizing your eZ publish installation.
For more information: http://www.packtpub.com/view_book/isbn/1904811019