After many delays it has finally been possible to redo the Seagull site using Seagull, so the "eat your own *food" naysayers can find something else to complain about ;-). Things are not totally finished yet, but the idea is to move towards a more structured layout and consolidate backends (SF, wiki, homepage), and to appeal to developers and non-technical users alike.
At the same time I’d like to announce version 0.4.5 has been released and is ready for consumption. It’s been just over a month since the last release and a lot has happened. As well as some important bugfixes:
- upgraded to latest PEAR libs including the update to problematic XML_RPC package (thanks to Stefan Esser)
- the longstanding bug associated with db-based sessions has finally been fixed, thanks to Louay Gammo
- article categorisation and workflow are a bit more intuitive
and some new improvements:
- FCK updated to latest version
- almost 200 tests written for front controller URL parsing
- sorting for Users, Roles and Permissions improved
there has been a lot of work going on in the new feature branches, with the Translation2 integration almost finished, more features and bugfixes to the shopping cart module, and LiveUser integration almost complete.
More details in the changelog.