We’re getting overwhelmed by support requests from our latest project and are looking for an open source customer support solution, does anyone have any suggestions? The main functionality required is to be able to divert emails sent to a support address to a ticketing system. We also need the following:
- Allow emails from more than one account to be diverted to the system and converted into tickets which can be assigned to team members according to language.
- Have predefined responses stored in a database which can easily be included as a basis for an email
- Allow specific emails from specific accounts to be automatically assigned to individuals
- Have various levels of importance for support requests
- Should allow the creation of different groups with various role capabilities
If you have any suggestions or experience to share please let me know in the comments.
VERDICT: Thanks again for the suggestions guys, we tried pretty much everything suggested and ended up going with Kayako, which is NOT open source, but has great features and solid internationalization support, the rest were quite weak in this area. We’ve been using the system for several months now and are quite happy with it, it’s been able to handle quite a large volume of tickets being logged in around 10 languages and automatically assigned to the relevant country managers.