Are you using WordPress for your blog? Who isn’t
But a fairly simple sounding task like tracking conversions for Adwords campaigns actually requires a bit of work. Here is the system I found works best, you can get it up and running in only a few minutes.
The goal is to be able to track when contact enquiries result from a paid campaign. I’m using this systems at http://seagullsystems.com.
- the contact form plugin you need is cForms, version 1.5 or later (scroll down past the pluses, big banner on left hand side)
- install the plugin, you will probably need to create the file abspath.php manually
- configure a basic contact form, for example name it “my_form”
- insert the form in your relevant page by pasting the html comment <!–cforms name=”my_form”–>
- in the cformII options panel select Form Settings
- make 2 settings:
- disable the Ajax mode in the first section
- in the Core Form Admin / Email Options section, tick Enable alternative success page (redirect) and enter a Thanks page URL you previously created inWordpress
And that’s it! Any probs please mention in the comments.