Posted on 27 May 2010 by Demian Turner
Stackoverflow has a great list of terms programmers have come up with where the standard jargon just didn’t cut it. A few gems in here, see if you can guess what the following might be:
- Yoda conditions – arrg, right up there with with leaving off the ?> in PHP, “training wheels best practices” …
- shrug report – I get this on a daily basis
- Egyptian brackets
- Refuctoring – one word speaks volumes
- Stringly typed – one of my favs – check out Yii framework if you’re unfamiliar with the concept
- Heisenbug – an old and painful classic, I get them all the time
- Fear Driven Development – I think we’ve all been there
- Baklava code – this one is just begging to enter your vocabulary
Posted on 13 April 2010 by Demian Turner
Soluo is looking for an intern in PHP Web Programming to join the development team in Paris. The focus of this internship will be the core developement of a SaaS Web Application. The intern should start by April 2010.
You will be involved in Web Application design and development, third-party integrations (Social Networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) via Web Services / API / XML, development and integration of reporting tools, design and implementation of SQL databases.
We are offering an enriching experience, within a small and agile team, mentored by a senior architect. And hey, maybe you could end up joining the team? Forgot to ask how good is your sea-legs as you will be working in an amazing boat on the Seine. But don’t worry, you should get used to it within 2 weeks.
In this internship you will:
• develop sclalable, secured and reliable Web Applications
• integrate third-party applications
• use Social Web platforms to enhance the App (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, …)
• learn to optimise and enhance through iterations
• get satisfaction in seeing the product launch before the end of your internship
• learn and implement development best practices
• passionate about Web Application Development
• curious and proactive
• constantly reseraching innovative solutions
• enthusiastic about getting involved in a startup
• strong skills in PHP5 and MySQL and knowledge of at least one php framework
• experience in OOP, Test Driven Development and Agile Methods
• good system administration skills
• a good level of English
• being autonomous in your work
• working in small teams
• to speak/write English obviously
If you think this is you, just drop us an email at recrutement*_at_*soluo.fr, specifying the reference webdev1003.
Tell us about a challenging project you are proud of which you have realised in the framework of your studies. We will get back to you.